Cubet works with companies who want their data to be managed, analyzed and re-engineered for informed decision-making. Most of our development and consulting revolves around the core idea of making data usable, structured and meaningful. It is ideal to use a language like PHP for developing web applications, which is cost-effective and reduces development time, useful for projects not strictly seeking stringent security requirements, or not requiring ML or AI capabilities. There are numerous frameworks to use for building PHP based web applications and among them, why do we prefer Laravel? This article explains the benefits of using Laravel for the web application development projects we accept and execute.
PHP as a language and Laravel as a framework is ideally been used by CUBET for developing web development projects which fall under the criterion below. We have identified that Laravel has all the required features which are required to build fast and successfully such web applications.
- database-related software solutions
- online communities
- content-based websites like news sites and blogs
- enterprise software like CRM, CMS, etc.
- e-commerce based software solutions
- social networking websites
Laravel is one of the most powerful tools in PHP that ensures a fast & well-organized web development process and enables the code to be reusable.
So why do we use Laravel?… Well…
- It helps create faster web applications.
- The server-client authentication system is faster
- Software testing can be automated
- Routing and caching activities are faster
- Helps reduce Server overhead
- The critical security threats & vulnerabilities can be fixed easily
A detailed analysis of the framework is below.
- Authentication and Authorization Systems – We feel that Laravel simplifies the authentication and implementation by enabling out of the box configuration. The later version of laravel had predefined packages to organize authorization logic and control access to resources.
- Mail Service Integration – Simple API over the popular SwiftMailer library was a useful adoption. The platform has different drives that enable the mail server to get started sending emails through both local or cloud-based system. Notifications can be sent across different delivery channels including SMS and Slack.
- Integration with Caching Tools – We feel that caching makes websites fast, thus directly contributing to better SEO scores, increased user experience and satisfaction. Popular cache backends such as Memcached and Redis out-of-the-box are supported by laravel. For smaller applications, laravel can be configured to use the file cache drive. In the case of enterprise-level web applications, it is better to use an in-memory cache such as Memcached or APC. Laravel is also capable of handling multiple cache configurations.
- Managing the most common Technical vulnerabilities – The years of involvement in software development taught us that vulnerabilities go in hand with the development of any web-based application. Laravel has gone great lengths in handling the most common vulnerabilities like SQL injection, Cross-site request forgery, cross-site scripting, etc. thus cutting the exponentially growing cost of handling vulnerabilities.
- Error configuration and exception handling – Error and exception handling is already configured in the Laravel framework providing better user experience by giving proper error messages to the user. Laravel integrated with the Monolog logging library provides support for a variety of powerful log handlers.
- Enabling Automation of testing work – We really appreciate the fact that Laravel is built with testing in mind. The platform can simulate basic user behavior such as clicking links, filling out forms, etc. Thus making the unit testing more accurate and less time-consuming.
This is why Cubet is using Laravel over other web application development frameworks for PHP based requirements. If you want to know more or would like Cubet to consult you for your next project, please drop a line and we would be happy to assist.