News on Rails 5.0 release, new updates and more
After a long wait, Ruby has confirmed the rollout of its latest version, Rails 5.0. The concerned authorities have been scrambling to incorporate integrations and implementations into the four betas and two release candidates for the past six months to finalize the latest update. Hundreds of Ruby on Rails developers performed more than thousand commits to make the latest version of Ruby, peerless when compared to its predecessors.
The limelight features of Rails 5.0:
As anticipated, the Rails 5.0 rollout was characterized by some notable and pleasing updates to Action Cable and API Mode.
Exclusivity of Action Cable
- Adds to the easiness of designing live features- chat, notifications
- Facilitates access to Active Record and PORO domain model
- Newly added ActionController::Renderer system eliminates the need of rendering the templates outside of controllers
- Easiness to use
Exploring the feature bundle:
- The test runner identifies and reports inline failures, which eliminates the need for completing the suite to identify bugs.
- Enables throw(:abort) explicitly, which eliminates the accidental halting of Active Record callbacks, in case the last statement is false.
- ApplicationRecored reconfigured as a default parent class.
At Cubet, we maintain a team of Ruby on Rail developers who are adept with pertinent syntax and nuances. Our RoR team of developers focuses on code reliability, reusability and robustness. If you have an expert team of Ruby on Rails developers, feel free to contact us to talk to one of our RoR professionals and to get a free quote.